The Pet Food Ingredient Buyers Mission held at Petfood Forum 2023 proved to be a resounding success, bringing together pet food buyers and ingredient supplier companies from around the world. The event fostered valuable connections, showcased the North American animal feed and pet food market, and enabled buyers to make impactful decisions and resulted in substantial ingredient sales.
This exclusive program, hosted by Food Export-Midwest and the Kansas Department of Agriculture, attracted seven buyers from Vietnam, Indonesia, Guatemala, Taiwan, Dominican Republic, Chile and Mexico.
The participating buyers were welcomed with opening remarks from Food Export/Chicago, shedding light on the thriving animal feed and pet food market in North America. Throughout the event, the buyers engaged in productive one-on-one meetings, networking and full access to the Petfood Forum exhibition.
The collaborative efforts of buyers and suppliers at the Buyer’s Mission resulted in remarkable accomplishments. A total of 48 supplier-buyer introductions took place, leading to the establishment of 25 distributorships and 21 successful sales to new markets for the participating pet food companies.
The Buyers Mission helped facilitate crucial partnerships. A total of $21,465,000 in sales were made during the event, with an additional $3,804,000 anticipated in the coming months.
2023 participating buyers included:
- Proa S.A. – importer, distributor, manufacturing of pet food, feed and eggs located in Chile
- Pets Agroindustrial – pet food and animal feed manufacturing plant and distribution warehouse in the Dominican Republic
- DNA Nutricion Animal – importer, distributor and manufacturer of animal nutrition products in Guatemala
- PT. Central Proteina Prima TBK – pet food and aquaculture manufacturer in Indonesia
- Protmagro – distributor, importer, manufacturer and wholesaler of proteins for the pet, aquaculture and poultry industries in Mexico
- Foray Forage Co. – importer, manufacturer and retailer of pet food and animal feed located in Taiwan
- ACC Renova Company – importer and distributor of ingredients and additives for food and feed industries in Vietnam
About the Pet Food Ingredient Buyers Mission
This exclusive program, hosted by Food Export-Midwest and the Kansas Department of Agriculture, connects qualified buyers with ingredient suppliers during the pet food industry’s must-attend conference and exhibition.
This is a low-cost opportunity to meet buyers from around the globe, all in one convenient location. All buyers have gone through a qualification process and have expressed interest in a variety of US pet food and pet food ingredient products.
Make plans to attend Petfood Forum 2024 on April 29-May 1 to engage with the entire pet food industry supply chain.