Highlights from Petfood Forum 2018
Thousands of professionals from 38 countries and nearly 300 exhibitors gathered for education, networking and to conduct business
The 2018 edition of Petfood Forum provided numerous opportunities to network and conduct business with industry professionals from around the world, learn the latest in trends and innovations, discover new tools for success and share ideas. Petfood Forum 2018 was held on April 23-25, 2018 in Kansas City, Mo., USA.
Petfood Forum 2018 featured a sold-out Exhibit Hall floor where attendees engaged with nearly 300 of the pet food industry’s top suppliers.
Petfood Forum 2018 Highlights:
- Petfood Forum 2018 attracted a record attendance with thousands of pet food professionals from 38 countries and nearly 300 exhibitors.
- Over 21 percent of those in attendance were from international pet food companies from countries including Brazil, Germany, Japan, Mexico, Thailand and others.
- Jack Hanna, conservationist and television personality, along with his animal guests kicked-off the conference. Hanna shared inspirational stories dealing with issues of conservation, travel and wildlife. Dr. Brian Hare, associate professor at Duke University and New York Times bestselling author, closed the three-day event with a thought-provoking presentation on how dogs observe, understand and react to the world.
- This year’s lineup of speakers included 40 globally recognized presenters who shared new research and insights on a variety of topics including, trust and transparency, alternative ingredients for pet food applications, producing clean-label raw pet foods, reaching the connected consumer, and much more.
- New in 2018, the Student Career Center featured academic pet food research conducted by undergraduate and graduate students.
Attendees included professionals working in pet food nutrition, ingredient and processing technologies, packaging, food science, R&D, product development, food safety, QA/QC, purchasing, import/export and regulatory compliance.
Make plans to attend Petfood Forum 2019 on April 29-May 1 and be a part of the next edition of the global pet food industry’s must-attend event.
Petfood Innovation Workshop 2018 featured
New Product Development Journey theme
The 2018 Petfood Innovation Workshop: “New Product Development Journey,” was filled with next-generation ideas, experiences and concepts. Petfood Innovation Workshop provided a chance to see inside the trade and experience a fun, stress-free environment learning about the competitive edge of new product development in the pet food industry. Plus, participants had many opportunities to network with sponsors and other pet food professionals.
The workshop began at the Kansas City Convention Center with an opening session presentation by James Restivo, director of client development at Nielsen. Restivo shared insights on how health and wellness trends are shaping the pet food and treat markets. To develop pet food and treats, Restivo suggested companies focus on five key aspects of new product development. Read more about Restivo’s presentation.
Then, Greg Aldrich, PhD, research associate professor and coordinator for the pet food program at Kansas State University discussed the new product development map in pet food.
The interactive portion of the event took place at Kansas State University-Olathe, where participants rotated through stations demonstrating some of the challenges to developing and launching new products. From group activities and competitions to academic presentations and demonstrations, the six stations offered a unique learning experience for attendees.
The hands-on demonstrations featured:
- Learn how pet food flavor validation influences product launch – presented by AFB
- Creating “feel good” recipes to please pets and parents – presented by Diana Pet Food
- Developing new products for extruded production – presented by Extru-tech and the Peterson Company
- Discover how adjustments can be utilized to address issues, problems and trends – presented by Ingredion
- Selecting, testing, implementing and validating functional ingredients – presented by IsoNova
- Mapping the path forward to successful new product development – presented by NQV8 and Kansas State University
This unique hands-on pet food workshop took place the day prior to the commencement of Petfood Forum, on April 23, 2018 at Kansas State University Olathe in Olathe, Kansas.
|Pet Food Manufacturers||37%|
Invite your whole team and save on registration!
5% Off for Groups of 5-9, 10% Off for Groups of 10-14 and 15% Off for Groups of 15 or more!
For more details on group discounts please email: PetfoodForum@compusystems.com.
Discounts cannot be combined. Student rate not eligible for Early Bird discount offer.
Petfood Forum is a unique and exclusive event serving the global pet treat and pet food manufacturing industry, and includes an exclusive exhibition of industry suppliers, co-packers and service providers.