Petfood Forum 2019 featured dozens of globally recognized speakers who shared insights on a variety of topics including pet food ingredients and nutrition, marketing, and pet food safety and processing.
10 articles recapping Petfood Forum educational sessions:
- DCM: add taurine to grain-free dog foods, say scientists – Taurine supplementation may reduce the risk of dogs developing DCM.
- How can science, marketing co-exist in pet food? – Panelists at Petfood Forum discuss what is driving pet food product development.
- Veterinarians have ‘trump card’ for next pet food trend – Veterinarians can take advantage of their position as a trusted source of information.
- Dogs and cats readily accept insect-based protein and oil – Dogs readily accepted the kibble with black soldier fly meal at up to 20% inclusion and with insect-based oil at up to 5%.
- Pet owners purchase products, services from multiple channels – Online shopping for pet products is up, but that doesn’t mean the industry is divided.
- Measuring cat’s food enjoyment can augment consumption data – Bond between cats and their owners can be enriched when cats enjoyed their food and treats more.
- How to build a better relationship with your color supplier – As pet food manufacturers look to replace synthetic colors with natural alternatives, find out how to work with your color supplier to get the best results.
- How premiumization is driving pet food evolution – Pet owners increasingly identify their pets as family members and feed them as such, providing great opportunity for manufacturers to cater to this trend.
- Pet food lawsuits target ‘trigger terms’ in marketing – Trigger terms are specific words or phrases used in pet food marketing that may be open to legal action in various ways.
- 4 clean label pet food production and marketing lessons – The clean label pet food trend challenges manufacturers to create shelf-stable, nutritious and safe pet foods with a limited range of ingredients, while still keeping those products highly palatable.
Save the dates for these upcoming events:
Petfood Forum China | August 21, 2019 | Shanghai, China
Petfood R&D Showcase | October 15-17, 2019 | Manhattan, Kansas
Petfood Forum Asia | March 25, 2020 | Bangkok, Thailand
Petfood Innovation Workshop & Petfood Forum | April 27-29, 2020 | Kansas City, Missouri