Dog, cat and other pet owners may consider environmental and social repercussions more when making purchases, compared to other shoppers. Likewise, pet owners in Europe and North America seem to focus on the ethical claims made by pet food brands more than other regions. Petfood Forum Europe 2022 will highlight this trend and other insights.
Petfood Forum Europe is scheduled for 23 May at Nuremberg Messe in Nuremberg, Germany, and will be co-located with Interzoo 2022 taking place 24-27 May. The program will feature pet food experts presenting novel nutritional concepts and ingredients, plus a focus on market trends, sustainability and more.
Petfood Forum Europe agenda preview:
- Global and European pet food market and trends update
- Advancing in-home test protocols to assess digestibility of dog and cat foods
- Mealworm protein hydrolysates as a novel ingredient for pet food
- Application of black soldier fly fat in pet food formulations
- Novel ingredients in pet food: Safety challenges and opportunities
- Using circular economy model for environmental improvement of a wet pet food plant
- New technique to assess omega-3 status in cell membranes of pets
- Potato fiber: Unique mix of soluble, insoluble fibers for improving pet intestinal health, addressing obesity
- How pet food mix packs and multi packs fit with sustainability
The conference also includes several networking opportunities with pet food professionals from throughout Europe, as well as small exhibits from leading industry suppliers.
Registration for Petfood Forum Europe 2022 is now open. Registration fees include: full day conference with educational sessions and numerous networking opportunities during lunch, two coffee breaks and an evening reception.
Registration for Interzoo 2022 is included with the fee to attend.
Interzoo is the world’s biggest marketing platform for the international pet industry. Manufacturers, wholesalers and service providers from over 60 countries present products for pets and innovative pet supplies during each of the four days of the trade fair.