Pet food professionals attending Petfood Forum 2020 will have a valuable opportunity to become better educated on pet food labeling compliance during the AAFCO Advanced Pet Food Labeling Workshop. This day-long workshop will take place the day after Petfood Forum has ended on Thursday, April 30.
Back in Kansas City for a second year, the 2020 workshop will provide a new format with a limit of 50 people per group, four new topics and include an advanced level for experienced professionals.
A separate registration is required to attend, sign up here.
Each participant will receive a 2-week subscription to the AAFCO Online Official Publication (OP) along with the Pet food Labeling Guide that will be used during the workshop.
Topics and speakers at a glance:
- Labeling fundamentals – presented by Caitlin Price (NC), Jo Lynn Otero (NM), Barbara-jean Schleicher (MO), Angele Thompsons (Thompson Pet Tec)
- Ingredients and the ingredient statement – presented by Richard Ten Eyck (OR), Jason Schmidt (LA), Melanie Marquez (MN)
- Food vs. Drug – presented by Bill Burkholder (FDA), Alisha Christian (MN), Bill Bookout (NASC)
- Guarantees, vitamin supplements, enzymes, direct fed microbials – presented by Josh Arbaugh (WV), Liz Beckman (WA), Mika Alewynse (FDA)
Participants in the workshop will benefit from:
- Increased productivity within the regulatory department
- Increased profits to their company through fewer regulatory issues
- Increased understanding of labeling law and how to interpret it accurately
- Actions to take before a new pet food product or ingredient is introduced into the marketplace – and where to find this information within AAFCO
- Increased coordination among internal departments – sales, marketing, product development, regulatory
Companies should use this opportunity to educate management, regulatory, sales and marketing, QA/QC, nutritionists, and product development staff on pet food labeling compliance.
To ensure the quality of the workshop, space is limited to 200 people. Register here
AAFCO is an international non-profit association of state and federal regulatory agencies providing a forum for the development of model regulations and animal feed ingredient definitions. As a leader in the feed regulatory industry, AAFCO produces several meetings each year, has established multipletrainings on regulatory topics and continues to develop new content. The Advanced Pet Food Labeling Workshop at Petfood Forum is a customized, one-day meeting targeted to pet food industry professionals.